Field Coordinator, MA Voter Table
MVT seeks a dynamic, full-time Field Coordinator to join the Massachusetts Voter Table team. The Field Coordinator will manage relationships with partner organizations and coordinate field programs. The ideal candidate is detail-oriented and a strategic thinker. They will also have a background in managing field programs, demonstrated coalition and campaign skills, and the ability to work effectively with people from diverse backgrounds. This position reports to the MVT Director.
Essential Job functions
- Manage the implementation of MVT partners' field programs, ensuring benchmarks and goals are met;
- Connect partners organizations' field plans and integrated voter engagement goals to develop deeper coordination and collaboration;
- Support partner organizations through the development of field plans, providing technical assistance, messaging guidance, and responding to program requests;
- Serve as the organizer and driver of coordinated table projects/programs;
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with partner organizations;
- Assist in the development and implementation of all statewide, strategic plans;
- Create tracking systems to synthesize organizational plans and produce reports on gaps in the overall strategy;
- Work closely with the Data & Targeting Manager to provide partners with appropriate analysis, technical assistance, and guidance in their work;
- Provide strategic programmatic assistance, guidance and support to the Table's work including the development of shared metrics and evaluations, innovative new approaches, long- and short-term organizing strategies and engagement of new allies and potential partners;
- Assist organizational partners in developing integrated voter engagement plans that encourage year-round civic engagement programs including issue education, organizing, voter registration and mobilization.
- 2 years’ minimum experience in labor, political or community organizing and political campaigns preferred. Field organizing and direct voter contact experience required;
- Strong VAN (Voter Activation Network) skills required;
- Experience working with underrepresented and/or diverse communities;
- Experience facilitating coalitions and knowledge of Massachusetts' political landscape is a plus;
- Familiarity with digital organizing tools and analytics (email, mobile messaging, social media) is a plus;
- Ability to manage several tasks/projects concurrently and prioritize work effectively;
- Ability to communicate effectively, work well under pressure, be detail oriented and meet deadlines;
- Ability to think independently and creatively;
- Must exercise good judgment and discretion and be able to work independently and as a member of a group;
- Ability to engender trust with table partners and confidence in the work;
- Spanish language skills are highly desired;
- Willingness to travel regularly throughout the state; a driver's license is a plus;
- Willingness to work occasional nights and weekends.
We are hoping for a June 2018 start. Salary range is $45,000 to $50,000, depending on experience. A generous benefits package is included.